X-Crawl 3.5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private, yet inviting D&D 3.5 X-crawl campaign

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds

Go down 
+2
Aranel_Siannodel
TheTrueZephyr
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TheTrueZephyr
Admin
TheTrueZephyr

Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds Empty
PostSubject: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Upon awaking from a painful sleep, you hear an agonizing sobbing sound barely overpowering the crackle of a fire. Regaining your sight, you see your other companions lying beside you on the ground, and a monstrous armored half-orc cradling something in it's arms next to the fire. You can barely see the sun peaking out, getting ready to rise. From what you can make out of your location, it appears to be a large savanna with some larger thickets of trees sprawled here and there.
Back to top Go down
https://xzephyr.forumotion.com
Aranel_Siannodel

Aranel_Siannodel

Character sheet
Name: Aranel Siannodel
Ethnicity: Caucasian/British
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:14 pm

I hold my head in a daze and sit up slowly, "Where are we?"
Back to top Go down
Courtney

Courtney

Character sheet
Name: Natalya Rostov
Ethnicity: Russian

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:17 pm

I slowly lift my head, then let out a long exasperated sigh. "What...What the hell..." I pat my bruises and look around myself for serious damages. After that, I call out,"Is everyone okay?"
Back to top Go down
Cupcakesandcyanide

Cupcakesandcyanide

Character sheet
Name: Gwendhiel Eklof
Ethnicity: Swedish
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:17 pm

As my eyes open I examine the surroundings I try to sit up, but, feeling excruciating pain from my entire body I just give up and lay there. "Ugh.."
Back to top Go down
eLJay

eLJay

Character sheet
Name: Kirtus Millfield
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:18 pm

"Uhhh...Just...Give me a minute..." I say as I try to pull myself up.
Back to top Go down
Aranel_Siannodel

Aranel_Siannodel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:20 pm

I stand up carefully and eye the half-orc cautiously. "I'm okay Natalya... just shaken up a bit."
Back to top Go down
Cupcakesandcyanide

Cupcakesandcyanide

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:24 pm

I slowly and steadily sit up, holding my head and closing my eyes for a moment before standing up completely. "I'm alright too, Just a migraine from hell.."
Back to top Go down
TheTrueZephyr
Admin
TheTrueZephyr

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:25 pm

The half-orc eyes you all, and wipes his face. "The master didn't make it." he whined caressing the corpse in his arms. "At least you guys are safe, though."

Last edited by TheTrueZephyr on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Courtney

Courtney

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:26 pm

I roll onto my stomach then hoist myself up. I try to spot the train wreckage and figure out where we are (roll:14). I also peer over at the half orc with a troubled expression

Last edited by Courtney on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lordofhate

lordofhate

Character sheet
Name: Vladus Irlov

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:26 pm

I stand up and immediately search our surroundings for a landmark or sign of sorts. (Roll:12)
Back to top Go down
Aranel_Siannodel

Aranel_Siannodel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Cupcakesandcyanide wrote:
I slowly and steadily sit up, holding my head and closing my eyes for a moment before standing up completely. "I'm alright too, Just a migraine from hell.."
I giggle while reaching a hand out to help you up, "And a few bruises to go along with that."
Back to top Go down
TheTrueZephyr
Admin
TheTrueZephyr

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Courtney wrote:
I roll onto my stomach then hoist myself up. I try to spot the train wreckage and figure out where we are (roll:14). I also peer over at the half orc with a troubled expression

From what you can tell, you are hidden beyond some trees just off the tracks. They are still barely in view, though. A bit of wreckage here and there is visible from where you lie.
Back to top Go down
Cupcakesandcyanide

Cupcakesandcyanide

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:29 pm

"The...master?" I ask, while standing up and brushing myself off. Examining bruises and scratches. I chuckle. "Thanks Anna."
Back to top Go down
TheTrueZephyr
Admin
TheTrueZephyr

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:29 pm

lordofhate wrote:
I stand up and immediately search our surroundings for a landmark or sign of sorts. (Roll:12)

The most you can make of your surroundings is that you are somewhere in the savanna, still within reach of the train tracks. Which direction is where you came from or where you went is not tangible.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueZephyr
Admin
TheTrueZephyr

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:31 pm

"The...master?" I ask, while standing up and brushing myself off. Examining bruises and scratches. I chuckle. "Thanks Anna."

He looks up at you, holding out the body in his arms. Even though maimed a bit, you recognize it as the half-orc that gave you a good shouting just before the explosion.
Back to top Go down
Aranel_Siannodel

Aranel_Siannodel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:33 pm

I stop and look bothered, but unphased by the sight of the body.
Back to top Go down
lordofhate

lordofhate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:33 pm

"Orc, I demand to know where we are, how far from our destination are we?"
Back to top Go down
eLJay

eLJay

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:34 pm

TheTrueZephyr wrote:
The half-orc eyes you all, and wipes his face. "The master didn't make it." he whined caressing the corpse in his arms. "At least you guys are safe, though."
"Who? Wait who are you? Where's the train-" I suddenly I snap out of my half sleep, half pain induced daze "Oh, right...We blew up..."
Back to top Go down
Cupcakesandcyanide

Cupcakesandcyanide

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:35 pm

I look at the maimed body in the half-orcs arms. "Oh, then.. Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Courtney

Courtney

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:35 pm

I take another sweep of my surroundings then run up to the tracks.

(my mom is calling me I have to go for a minute)
Back to top Go down
TheTrueZephyr
Admin
TheTrueZephyr

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:36 pm

lordofhate wrote:

"I'm not quite sure myself...we weren't traveling for more than 3 hours even..." he counts in his head. "Bismarck is a 200 mile trip, so...I guess we're at LEAST 100 miles out".
Back to top Go down
Aranel_Siannodel

Aranel_Siannodel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:38 pm

"I want to leave..." I say quietly, still looking oddly at the corpse.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueZephyr
Admin
TheTrueZephyr

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:38 pm

I look at the maimed body in the half-orcs arms. "Oh, then.. Who are you?"

"I am Tan-tun, Sir Gomek's right hand Orc. He wasn't the brightest, nor the strongest...but he loved that train." Tan-tun looks down at the body again. "Just as a pirate captain goes down with his ship, he went down with his train."
Back to top Go down
TheTrueZephyr
Admin
TheTrueZephyr

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:39 pm

Anastrianna_Siannodel wrote:

"Go ahead, leave my master and I to be..."
Back to top Go down
Cupcakesandcyanide

Cupcakesandcyanide

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:40 pm

"I think everyone does... but where will we go, if we hardly know where we are in the first place?" I sigh and close my eyes whilst rubbing my temples.
Back to top Go down
eLJay

eLJay

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:42 pm

TheTrueZephyr wrote:
lordofhate wrote:

"I'm not quite sure myself...we weren't traveling for more than 3 hours even..." he counts in his head. "Bismarck is a 200 mile trip, so...I guess we're at LEAST 100 miles out".
"Well at least we're half way there..." Trying to lighten the mood, but failing.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueZephyr
Admin
TheTrueZephyr

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:42 pm

"I think everyone does... but where will we go, if we hardly know where we are in the first place?" I sigh and close my eyes whilst rubbing my temples.

"I'm sorry...but I don't know what to tell you. All I can do is offer you good luck." He looks down at the body again. "I've got a proper burial to work on myself."
Back to top Go down
Aranel_Siannodel

Aranel_Siannodel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:43 pm

I look over to the others and walks a little ways away. "Are we going start traveling then."
Back to top Go down
Cupcakesandcyanide

Cupcakesandcyanide

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:45 pm

I start walking toward Anna, "We might as well.." I say, looking back at everyone.
Back to top Go down
Courtney

Courtney

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:46 pm

"If we stick to the tracks, we may come to a small town where we may acquire some other mode of travel." I say, waving my arm in the direction we were headed.
Back to top Go down
eLJay

eLJay

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:47 pm

I look over to the others and walks a little ways away. "Are we going start traveling then."
"Hang on a second." I turn to Tan-tun "Was there anyone else on the train that survived?"
Back to top Go down
TheTrueZephyr
Admin
TheTrueZephyr

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:49 pm

eLJay wrote:
"Hang on a second." I turn to Tan-tun "Was there anyone else on the train that survived?"

"I don't know...the strangest thing is that...I couldn't find half the train. Only the front 2 cars worth of rubble, and 3 more dead guards." He looks over. "There, they still have all of their stuff on them too. I doubt they'd miss it."
Back to top Go down
Aranel_Siannodel

Aranel_Siannodel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:52 pm

Turns and starts following Natalya.
Back to top Go down
eLJay

eLJay

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:53 pm

TheTrueZephyr wrote:
eLJay wrote:

"I don't know...the strangest thing is that...I couldn't find half the train. Only the front 2 cars worth of rubble, and 3 more dead guards." He looks over. "There, they still have all of their stuff on them too. I doubt they'd miss it."
"uh, yeah..." Remembering that I took weapons off one of them before the train went Ka-blooey.
Back to top Go down
Cupcakesandcyanide

Cupcakesandcyanide

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Before walking over toward Natalya..I walk over to one of the dead guards and take the weapons and armor from him and equip them.

Last edited by Cupcakesandcyanide on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eLJay

eLJay

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:56 pm

I rush over to the rest of the team "We should check the remains of the train for supplies, and maybe survivors."
Back to top Go down
Aranel_Siannodel

Aranel_Siannodel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:58 pm

eLJay wrote:
I rush over to the rest of the team "We should check the remains of the train for supplies, and maybe survivors."
"Might as well..." Looks over to Natalya for further directions.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueZephyr
Admin
TheTrueZephyr

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Before walking over toward Natalya..I walk over to one of the dead guards and take the weapons and armor from him and equip them.

The guard offers a longsword, a .50 calibur pistol, and a chain shirt. (It takes a minute to take off, and another to put it on yourself.)

Your AC is now 15.
Back to top Go down
lordofhate

lordofhate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:01 pm

I also walk over to a gaurd and loot his body,
Back to top Go down
Courtney

Courtney

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:02 pm

"That's why I ran up to the tracks, to look for the remains of this train." I say in reply as I scan the area
Back to top Go down
eLJay

eLJay

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:04 pm

Courtney wrote:
"That's why I ran up to the tracks, to look for the remains of this train." I say in reply as I scan the area
"Oh," Now realizing she was gone "...Did you find it?"
Back to top Go down
TheTrueZephyr
Admin
TheTrueZephyr

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:04 pm

lordofhate wrote:
I also walk over to a gaurd and loot his body,

Just as Gwen did, you find a Longsword, .50 Calibur Pistol, and a chain shirt. (Also, do not forget the nice dagger you swiped from that bandit before he was killed.)
Back to top Go down
TheTrueZephyr
Admin
TheTrueZephyr

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:05 pm

Courtney wrote:

Yeah, the remains were here, there, and everywhere. Hardly any large solid portion was really around. Just bits and pieces of the cars and locomotive itself.
Back to top Go down
Courtney

Courtney

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:06 pm

I look for anything salvageable in the area hastily (roll:15)
Back to top Go down
TheTrueZephyr
Admin
TheTrueZephyr

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:07 pm

Courtney wrote:
I look for anything salvageable in the area hastily (roll:15)

Define salvageable...what is an example of what you're trying to find?
Back to top Go down
Courtney

Courtney

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:09 pm

(Money, food, tools/weapons/armor, things of greater monetary value, and I am also looking for clues as to what exactly happened, why only part of the train blew up)

Last edited by Courtney on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aranel_Siannodel

Aranel_Siannodel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:09 pm

I walk slowly up to Natalya's side and looks at the remains. "How in the name of Corellon did we survive?" I whisper.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueZephyr
Admin
TheTrueZephyr

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:10 pm

Then no, you do not manage to come across anything with...immediate value. Mostly just ripped and singed clothing.
Back to top Go down
Courtney

Courtney

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:11 pm

I run back and loot the last guard's body, and then run back up to the tracks

(What about clues as to what happened? Did I come across anything like that?)

Last edited by Courtney on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aranel_Siannodel

Aranel_Siannodel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:13 pm

"Here we go..." I run after the others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds   Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds Empty

Back to top Go down

Into the Aberdeen---Bismarck Wilds
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next