X-Crawl 3.5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private, yet inviting D&D 3.5 X-crawl campaign

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application Information

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheTrueZephyr
Admin
TheTrueZephyr

Application Information Empty
PostSubject: Application Information   Application Information EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 9:10 am

Jobs of the captain:

1.) Organize the team, and decide WHO gets to enter WHICH dungeon. You personally don't have to enter EVERY event. However, it would probably be smart that if you won't be participating...to declare a temporary captain. Maybe even make a ranking system for in case you don't want to go in or can't.

2.) With a team ranging from 6-8 people, arguments will often ensue, it's up to you to assert the team, and make the final decision if nobody co-operates. You also have the ability to put people on suspension, or give certain punishments.

3.) The captain themselves will have the authority to make other inner positions to the team. There are plenty of things you as a leader have on your plate, feel free to nominate, or declare other positions. I will even post other applications for you if you so wish.

4.) Manage the gold distribution of the team. As each person does NOT get their own personal stash of gold, the team shares it, and it's your say whether or not it gets spent on what. (My recommendation for this is to possibly nominate a treasurer or something.)

5.) Coach the members outside of the dungeon. Make sure they're keeping up with their skill, feat, class and ability training. They can level up all they want, but if they're not training, they won't be getting any distribution points!

6.) It's up to you and your sponsors to find and set up your registrations in crawls. There are official set-ups once you start going regional and national, but for a good chunk, you're going to have to find your own side-crawls and other ranking matches to build up the ladder.

7.) You ARE the complaint committee. Any character-related problems going on, I'm not going to listen to...if it's a world-related issue, I'm going to re-direct them to YOU, unless you have someone else you elected to fill this task. In that case, you have to make sure that I know this.

8.) You are the face of the team, while the commoners are generally intelligent enough to understand someone else did what they did, like a parent...those ups and downs will usually be put on YOU as well.

While it really is mostly up to the team whether or not you will be the captain...I will be making the FINAL say. Also, you will be free to appoint a new leader if you ever don't care much for the position. You just have to run it by me and the rest of the team. Don't just do it behind everyone's back. Post new threads with why you believe you'd make a good leader, and those of you who AREN'T going for it, be sure to leave comments and conversation in the applicants' threads to question and insure that they are what you want in a leader. And trust me...being a leader may sound like a lot of work...but you will most likely become the "GM'S Pet." Fate smiles on the GM's pet... Wink
Back to top Go down
https://xzephyr.forumotion.com

Application Information
Page 1 of 1