X-Crawl 3.5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private, yet inviting D&D 3.5 X-crawl campaign

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Pet Peeves

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheTrueZephyr
Admin
TheTrueZephyr

My Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: My Pet Peeves   My Pet Peeves EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:02 am

I have quite a long list of...pet peeves as a GM/DM...here are my biggest ones, follow these, and this game can stay clean/fun.

1.) Don't play the "oblivious badass" as I call it. What I mean when I say this is, it is highly over-used that people try to play a character that seems to not be affected by anything on an emotional level, having a lack of fear, or paranoia. If logically someone would be frightened by a situation, then I want you to be frightened. There might be a decent reason why your character wouldn't be, but if I'm skeptical of that, then chances are, I don't find it believable enough. Some call this just roleplaying, I call it...a really lazy way of not having to really roleplay at all.

2.) Just because your character is obnoxious, is no excuse to be an obnoxious player. There are many mannerisms in playing that I suspect if you're here, you already know. You can say you have some half-elf bard that is meant to be annoying, but that doesn't mean you have the right to dance with every dead body you encounter, hit on every female, playing with every object you see, and just making an ass of yourself. I'm not saying you have to be a pure soul, but just make sure that it's something you would actually do in that situation, not just you as a player, commanding this person that can face no real "penalties".

3.) Keep interactions and feelings CHARACTER personal, not PLAYER personal. That means not discussing how far you're going to move, or precautions you're going to take as an outside player. I want your people talking. Throwing conversation and discussing a situation. Giving the enemy a chance to hear your plans if you're being too loud or thorough. Things like that. Another part of this is...if another player does something to piss you off, don't take it personally. Allow the in-game you to be mad at the in-game THEM. As soon as you take it out of the game, it's not a game anymore, and it just becomes drama. Sometimes a player might actually be being obnoxious or out of control. In that case, discuss your issues with ME, and I'LL handle it with THEM.

4.) Joking. Joking is something I find hard to deal with. No, I don't have a problem with joking itself, it's when the jokes don't make logic sense in your character's eyes or when it's in a situation that can ruin enjoyment of story for other players. Honestly, I think this is something that will more often be avoided because of the lack of face-to-face interaction...but I still want it to be taken into account.

5.) As more of a side note, on this forum, I want any and all interactions to be done COMPLETELY IN-CHARACTER. Pming out of character is just fine, so long as you're not using it to plot anything in attempt to get around rule 3.

6.) I will be allowing players to make their own dice rolls if they so choose. This is a hard thing to monitor via forum...and trust me, you can cheat, and most likely get away with it...but that just ruins the overall experience. Don't cheat, if I suspect it, you'll see confrontation...and I will demand you use the on-site dice set...which just isn't quite as fun.

7.) You can attempt ANYTHING you want! Attempt anything that might come to mind! Don't ASK me if you can do something...just try, and I will tell you what to roll, and what your results mean. If you need re-elaboration on details...ask me via PM, I'll answer, and try to re-word my description in the post so that everyone can see it.

As long as you follow these simple rules, we won't have many issues. If I don't like something you're doing, I'll confront you personally, if it proceeds, well then you might start seeing penalties, suspensions...possibly bans. I like to have fun with this, and I like others to have fun as well, but there is a level that we need to keep things at to make it feel real, and trust me...you'll have a more interesting overall experience if you do so.
Back to top Go down
https://xzephyr.forumotion.com

My Pet Peeves
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X-Crawl 3.5 :: Information :: Rules & Regulations-
Jump to: